Wednesday, August 12, 2009

A Pendant Worth Making!




(This is the pendant I'm giving to my aunt)

For those of you who enjoy creative outlets, if you are anything like me, your middle name is "multi-task". I'm still working on my office project, but I needed to spend some time working on my jewelry this afternoon. I'm really excited about the most recent design endeavor. I found the most gorgeous artwork a few days ago that beautifully captures the breast cancer awareness ribbon. I'm especially dedicated to this cause because one of my favorite aunts was diagnosed with breast cancer about a year ago (she's doing fantastic now), and several of my close friends have also battled with this disease. My aunt's birthday was a couple of weeks ago, so I wanted to do something special for her. I started with the plan of making her a soldered pendant with the ribbon artwork, but then thought it was a good idea to send her two lovely daughters one as well. Then I really wanted to keep one for myself, so long story short, I ended up making a few breast cancer awareness pendants! I'm not sure how to do it yet, but would love to make these for my website and donate a certain percentage of the sale to this cause.

No comments: