Tuesday, March 2, 2010

The Magic of March

 
NEW CUSTOM INITIAL PENDANT

A BOUQUET OF COLOR

If I could control the weather, I would ensure that March would be the first day of Spring (and it would also be a warm Spring!)  This is one of my favorite times of the year.  The days are getting lighter and longer, the snow is slowly melting and the anticipation of Spring makes us all excited and a little more motivated.  February can seem like such a long month, although it's the shortest one!  When March arrives, I immediately  feel more alive and relieved that the beauty of winter will soon be behind us.  Don't get me wrong, I love the snow and the magic that surrounds the colder months, but there's something very magical and symbolic that encompasses the arrival of Spring.  The world is waking up again!  Renewal, birth, awakening and transformation are all elements of this wonderful season, which encourages more creativity in my life.  I've been wanting to create some lively and colorful Spring pendants, so I took the opportunity to work on a few pieces when I worked on my friend's custom Lotus necklace.  They are not complete, but I hope their bright color palette will brighten your day! 
 
Feelings are like the weather, constantly shifting and changing – sometimes dark, sometimes light, at times wild and intense, at other times calm and quiet. Trying to resist your feeling experience is like trying to control the weather – an exercise in futility and frustration! Besides, if all we ever experienced were sunny days of exactly 75-degree temperature, life might become boring after a while. When we can appreciate the beauty of the rain, the wind, and the snow as well as the sun, then we will be free to experience the fullness of life.

 DAILY AFFIRMATION
I accept and appreciate all the varieties of my internal “weather.”

3 comments:

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

I completely understand the long month, short month issue with Feb. My Mom and I joke about that so much being in the midwest. The magical snows are endearing, but, it is a robin's call I yearn to be hearing. Blessings friend and thanks again for the post below!!!!

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

P.S. just went again to your website, it is such a treat! Can't wait to tell my girlfriends!!! Blessings and light, wishes and love, Amy

Victoria said...

These are all so super super gorgeous..you are sooo talented! Beautiful and inspiring pieces...it must feel wonderful to create such magical and magnificent charms!
Kiki~