Monday, March 15, 2010

Little Things

Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.  
~Robert Brault


Why not learn to enjoy the little things - there are so many of them.  
~Author Unknown


 If we shall take the good we find, asking no questions, we shall have heaping measures.  
~Ralph Waldo Emerson


Think big thoughts but relish small pleasures.  
~H. Jackson Brown, Jr., Life's Little Instruction Book

Have you ever noticed that, oftentimes, the small pleasures in life make you just as happy as the big, elaborate ones?  It took me a while to figure that one out, but as I move through this wonderful world, I am amazed at how much wonder and surprise the small things add to my life.  Experiencing a spectacular sunrise or sunset and catching in perfectly in the lens; spending a few uninterrupted moments petting my dog; relishing a meaningful hug from my husband or receiving a phone call from a long distance friend at just the right moment.  All these "little" things are so precious and give me the energy and stamina to keep moving forward.  I urge you to take an inventory of your life and make sure to take note of all the small things for which you are grateful.  Also, remember to be aware of your surroundings and be on the lookout for small treasures, like these beautiful vintage rings I found at the antique store last week! They definitely didn't break the bank, but oh do they make me happy when I wear them :-)

1 comment:

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Dearest Sheila,

You came to visit me and I just want to thank you for leaving a sweet message! You are correct; it is the little things, like receiving a comment, a compliment, or a kind gesture that makes our day. I relish those moments and I think what keeps me most happy are the small pleasures that are priceless. Thank you so much.

Come by any time....Anita