Thursday, May 20, 2010

Where Do You Find Solace?


Solace - something that gives comfort or consolation.

Where do you find solace?  Where do you feel safe, comforted and supported?  Is it in the privacy of your home?  Is it in a library filled with all kinds of yummy books?  Is it in the corner of you favorite coffee shop?  Maybe it's in your creative space; that special space that allows you to release all your fears, and inhibitions and simply create whatever your heart desires.  I find harmony and solace within nature, spending time with my beautiful dog, special moments with my husband and family and I always find solace in creating. That process of letting go of the worries of the day, focusing on being in the moment and ALLOWING (that's one of the most important steps) the juices to flow without harsh critique or unnecessary self doubt.  

Today, I hope you enjoy your moments and places of solace, 
whether it be taking a walk in nature, 
having a splendid cup of tea, 
enjoying a long, hot bath, 
making something new 
or reading a wonderful blog post, 
as I'm fortunate to do with so many of you!


This little ladybug was the inspiration for my post today!  
I couldn't help but think about how she has truly found 
her little private place of solace 
within her vast surroundings!  
So cute...

3 comments:

Victoria said...

Yay Sheila..I love this little ladybug inspiration too..she is a sweet little thing..happy she found her spot! I love to be in nature, the forest especially or just in my little back yard..and if indoors, simply in my art studio.
Wonderful post!
Inspiring!
kiki~

Lovey said...

Oh Sheila, what a beautiful post. I love the way you captured the ecssence of solace and what it means to find it...however we choose to identify with it. Such a beautifully written post. Thank you for your words and your heart in your post...Lovey (hugs)
Even a tiny lady bug can find it...let us take comfort in knowing there is peace for us too.
My creative space makes me happy and solace is all around me there...

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

I love this post. This is a wondrous question. I love the coffee house in my small town. I feel completely at ease on my screen porch on my old chippy home. I love our fireplace and being under a tree with dappled light on my blanket. Solace is for the individual. It is not for me those special times with others, family friends, though they can give it to me. I really love that word because it is found when I am creating or alone with my thoughts. This was a great journal prompt for me. Thanks Sheila you are a true friend and muse. Blessings.