Sunday, April 18, 2010

Vintage Love Affair

VINTAGE BOUNTY!

I'm not sure exactly when I became infatuated with vintage jewelry, but my fascination with these lovely accessories continues to grow as my collection becomes larger and more diversified.  I remember my grandmother's jewelry box - oh how I longed to play in her sparkling treasures.  On occasion, she would let me try on some of her pieces and I remember feeling like a princess (I would also play in her Coty Cosmetics, but that's an entirely different story).  I think the thing I love most about collecting antique jewelry is the absolute uniqueness of each piece.  Although I'm sure there are duplicates out there, you can be confident that the pieces you acquire, for the most part, are one of a kind.  


EARRINGS AND "SHABBY CHIC" PIN


MINT CONDITION SIGNED KRAMER PIN

REPURPOSED PENDANT MADE WITH VINTAGE EARRING

I would like to hear from you - what are your favorite collectibles?  What do you adore?  What makes you smile and feel giddy inside?  Let me know...aside from vintage jewelry, did I mention I LOVE and ADORE my dog?? :-)  Have a beautiful Sunday!

GUINNESS!

2 comments:

Victoria said...

Wow..these are all so super fabulous..they are all my faves! I can sooo relate..the magic of a grandmother's jewelery box...wow..yes..so many treasures! Beautiful post! I love your photos..they are magical. we both seem to love dragonfly !! Wonderful post Sheila!
Kiki~

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

Hello dear! I love collecting seedlings from this maple down the block. I love to press flowers and draw them. I adore watercolor paper of all types, so when I can I collect those. Most of all I would love a collection of old leather photo albums, you know the small, quaint type. I have an article on crescendoh.com, come check it out! Blessings.