Wednesday, April 7, 2010

A Contest!

I'm not very competitive by nature, but when I read about this fun contest, I could not resist.  A true source of inspiration for me is Belle Amroire Jewelry Magazine by Somerset Publishing.  I gain so many creative ideas, and was so excited to try a technique as provided by the wonderfully talented mixed-media artist Jessica Moreau Berry in the Spring '10 issue.  The article is titled "A Little Goes a Long Way", and the technique utilizes decoupaged chandelier crystals.  I followed Jessica's guidance and even incorporated my soldering technique to create some really fantastic pieces.  To participate in the contest, Jessica asks that participants create any type of jewelry... necklace, earrings, bracelet, brooch, etc. as long as a decoupaged crystal is included.  All entries are requested no later than Friday, April 30th.  To read more about this contest, and venture somewhere creative and magical, visit Jessica's blog, "Junque Revival".  You will definitely want to follow her along her creative journey! 

Here is my contest entry - let me know what you think!

 PINK PASSION
PINK PASSION

Below is another pendant I made with the antique chandelier crystal and a vintage earring - fun, festive and sweet!  I have a few more pendants I will be completing over the next few weeks!  I really enjoyed this project - I hope you enjoy it too!


6 comments:

Victoria said...

Sheila...woah..this piece you created is super fabulous and So beautiful!! I hope you win! You are super talented and your work shines with the heart of gold you have! Wonderful work!Stunning!
Best wishes..and many blessings
Kiki~

Sheila said...

Kiki - Thank you, so much!! I loved making these pieces and I owe much of the inspiration to Jessica - she's a wonderfully talented artist. Have a beautiful evening!

Jessica Moreau Berry said...

Hi Sheila, I'm posting about your pieces now! These are just so wonderful!!!!

xox Jes

Lisa'sLettersandLace said...

Really Cool!! Good luck with your entry. Lisa

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

This is a spirit creation! Completely mesmerizing!!!! You are a gifted soul dear friend. Blessings to you and have a light-filled day!

Lovey said...

I think your creation is simply beautiful!