Monday, January 18, 2010

New Horizons with Digital Art


I love learning about new things.  When I'm not working, I am researching fun and informative artful avenues.  My latest obsession and interest is exploring the amazing and mesmerizing world of digital art.  Digital art is much easier shown than explained, thus the beautiful pictures I've included in this post.  This artwork was designed by Izabella, a digital, mixed media collage artist who creates absolutely unique and stunning work.  Each time I visit her blog and browse through her photos, I'm inspired to learn more about this creative, digital world.  For those of you who are familiar with my jewelry from Artistic Adornments, you may recognize that many of my soldered pieces are made with digitally enhanced pictures.  I aspire to ultimately create my own, personal artwork to include in my jewelry.  Until then, I will continue to use artists, like Izabella, who have mastered the art of digital mixed media.  To continue on my path of exploration, I'm ordering "Digital Expressions:  Creating Digital Art with Adobe Photoshop Elements", a book by Susan Tuttle, which provides the reader and mixed-media artist through 25 stepped-out digital projects created with Adobe Photoshop Elements.  Stay tuned as I'm sure I'll let you know the exploration progression! In the meantime, have fun checking out the blogs of Izabella, Izabella's Blue (http://izabella.typepad.com/izabellas_blue/) and Susan Tuttle, Ilka's Attic (http://ilkasattic.blogspot.com/).

No comments: