Monday, January 25, 2010

Add a Little Magic!


When the weather is gray and cold, the days still feel excessively short and the beautiful sun is absolutely nowhere to be found for days at a time, I must continually remind myself that I am the one who decides if I'm going to have a dreary, sad day or an upbeat, postive one.  It's so easy sometimes to "slip" into that lonely place of isolation, especially when you depend on seeing the sun to keep you sane!  (I'm a Southern girl; the absence of sun is challenging for me to grasp sometimes).  When I begin to feel a little sad, I am reminded that I have the ability to add my own sunshine and magic to my day.  Whether it is sharing a few playful moments with my dog, having a meaningful and funny conversation with my husband, or creating or discovering something new and exciting, the rays of sunshine slowly come shining through.  It's totally up to me to recognize these precious events as magical moments to be treasured.  One of my absolute favorite quotes is by Dr. Wayne W. Dyer:  “If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.” I choose to see sunshine and magic in each and every day, regardless of the weather.  I encourage you to do the same. 

No comments: