Thursday, January 14, 2010

Don't Be Afraid to Play



I love color! Vibrant, brilliant or muted, colors can be the key to major transformations within your home, your wardrobe or your appearance. Color enables painters to manifest beautiful artwork, interior decorators to build beautiful spaces within our homes and fashion designers to create trendsetting statements each season. As a makeup artist, a huge aspect of my job is to continually look for colors that compliment my customers and make them feel spectacular. I'm always looking for new and interesting color combinations that are playful, expressive and most of all, that work! I look for colors that exist together in nature, I analyze artwork for new ways of visualizing color selections and I play with different color mediums. When experimenting with different colors, the most rewarding thing you can do for yourself is to have fun and play! Don't be afraid to get down and dirty with mixing and for added fun, research a little research on color theory. See things through the eyes of a child; they never question if green goes with purple - they just put them together and make them work. For fun, visit www.TAAZ.com. It's a website that allows you to be your own virtual hairstylist and makeup artist. Enjoy!

No comments: