Monday, September 14, 2009



I've been working on a special "locket" project for the last few weeks, and I'm so excited because the necklace is finally complete! The first step in this process was to locate the perfect vintage locket. Per the request of the customer, it had to be large, unique and very heavy duty. I was excited to receive this job because I love vintage lockets. My problem with using them for my jewelry designs is that I usually want to hold onto them instead of actually passing them along. For this project, however, keeping the necklace is not an option. After several weeks of searching, I did find the perfect locket! While searching for the special piece, I also found a lovely vintage brooch with the most beautiful blue crystal stones. And guess what...I was inspired to make another necklace! I really do want to keep this one, but I did post it to my retail site. Lisa's locket is now complete, but so is Moody Blues! Inspiriation and creativity flow hand in hand. When looking for a particular item, always keep your eyes open for other possible great finds. Two for the price of one...well, kind of!

No comments: