Tuesday, February 16, 2010

A Cure For What Ailes You

In an effort to disconnect from the stress and pressure of everyday life, I think it's important to occasionally indulge in a few guilty pleasures.   I love to a nice glass of red wine, a true "southern" meal, Vosges chocolates and my absolute favorite...a nice, hot bath! I cannot remember when I first started my daily bathing ritual, but for years now, I find that I am unable to fully relax and enjoy my evening until I complete this indulgent and gratifying experience.  Bathing is a fantastic way to relax, destress, detox and disengage from reality for a few precious moments.  It can even be a spiritual experience if you visualize all the negativity you have accumulated throughout the day slowly being washed away.  To soothe sore muscles, pour in some Epsom salts.  I also like to incorporate aromatherapy for added extravagance.  Add a few drops of your favorite essential oil(s), which are healing in and of themselves.  Sage oil, which is know for its cleansing and disbursement of negative energy properties, is excellent to use in your bath.  I also love lavender oil, which induces relaxation and helps you sleep.  Aromatherapy candles are also a great way to make your ritual even more relaxing.  One of my favorite places for finding great (and authentic) essential oils and aromatherapy products is a company called "Tisserand".  Their website is very helpful and informative.  I also love Aromaessentials; in addition to oils and candles, they have home fragrance selections.  I encourage you to go take a nice, long hot bath if you haven't done so in a while.  I promise, you won't regret it, especially during these long, cold winter months!

No comments: