Monday, June 21, 2010

Challenges Bring The Light

 
“Opportunities to find deeper powers within ourselves come when life seems most challenging.”
~Joseph Cambell

“Life's challenges are not supposed to paralyze you, they're supposed to help you discover who you are.”
~Bernice Johnson Reagon

“Challenge is a dragon with a gift in its mouth. Tame the dragon and the gift is yours.”
~Noela Evans

"The gem cannot be polished without friction, nor man perfected without trials."
~Chinese Proverb

It happens sometimes - life is progressing, happily and beautifully, when suddenly, you are face to face with what seems to be an insurmountable challenge.  This challenge forces you to slow down or just stop.  In the midst of your challenge, you discover that all the things that once seemed so important are now insignificant, or better yet, meaningless.  You are numb, at first, then slowly you must put one foot in front of the other, and proceed with this thing called life.  For days, you may cry uncontrollably, you make walk around in a complete fog, or you may feel absolutely nothing at all.  You might experience all possible emotions - anger, hurt, sadness, loneliness, fear...and then slowly yet carefully, you might begin to see a sliver of light again, peeking out from behind your darkness.  This light could be your family, your friends, your pets.  Whatever the light, wherever the brightness, you must grasp it and hold onto it with all the strength you have left.  For this light will give you the necessary strength and energy and love to move forward.  

Thank you, to my wonderful husband, for always being my light!

And for those of you who may be experiencing personal challenges, 
I send you peace...

2 comments:

Victoria said...

Beautiful Sheila!!..and well said..perfect! It is wonderful having those in your lfie and also being that light for others..truly we are all light to one another..and that is a gift to treasure! I am so happy you have a special husband that is always there for you! yay! And wishing you sparkles and sunshine whatever journey you are on! keep shining , you have a beautiful spirit!
hugs!
Kiki~

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

Dear, dear one, I was saving my "catch-up at Sheila's" for tonight with the soft breeze on the porch and I find you sad and wish, wish, I could have known to give you love and peace earlier. I am so sorry your light seems low and that you had a week last week that has brought you down. I will send my light to you right now and wish you peace, ease, and eventual joy. I am here and I care. Blessings friend. Again, sorry about not catching up quicker, but, I truly want to savor some of my friends blogs that mean so much and it means so much to give my full attention, not just pop in. Blessings.