Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Passion for Patina


Patina (/ˈpætɨnə/ or /pəˈtnə/
is a thin layer that forms on the surface of stonecopperbronze and similar metals (tarnish produced by oxidation or other.  A sheen on wooden furniture produced by age, wear, and polishing; or any such acquired change of a surface through age and exposure. Patinas can provide a protective covering to materials that would otherwise be damaged by corrosion or weathering. They may also be aesthetically appealing.

I adore patina.  I am mesmorized by the depth and variety of color.  It's something reminiscent of times gone by; a forgotten keyhole weathered by Mother Nature; an old, worn door, beaten by the elements.  It is soft yet powerful and warm.  Old libraries, old staircases, old fences.  You can find patina everywhere.  It's so inspiriring to me.  I've researched and played until finally, I've found the perfect patina.  I adore it on jewelry, but there are so many possibilities.  Oh, imagine the possibilities..
















New Vintage Moon Collection...coming soon!


No comments: