Monday, January 23, 2012

Remembering Your Roots

“Never destroy any aspect of personality, for what you think is the 

wild branch may be the heart of the tree.” 

~Mrs. Henry George~


I took this picture during my last visit home to Georgia. It was a beautiful afternoon, and I snapped this photo while visiting my grandmother's gravesite. As difficult as it is to explain, this picture encompasses how I felt during the trip. Nostalgic, emotional, inquisitive...so many things about my family I'd love to know. I often think about my roots and all the little things to which I can attribute my personality and spirit. I had such a great time, conversing with my cousins, aunts, uncles about the good ole' days and learned some valuable information about my family heritage. My grandmother is of Native American decent, and embraced so much of their spirituality and reverence for nature. Her mother's name (my great Grandmother) was "Nancy Sophronia" - an amazingly beautiful name of Greek origin, which means "wise". I could tell you some funny stories; I could share some sad ones, but I'd rather just share my feelings with you through this picture. I encourage you to dig a little into your roots. Take a small climb up your family tree; you might be pleasantly surprised at what you find, wild branches and all!


2 comments:

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

Hi darling wonderful you! Sorry I have been like fog, soo impossible to reign in that foggy life. I am with you in spirit, though and wonder often what you are creating. Sunshine and beauty, I am sure. Blessings always, Amy

Victoria said...

Wow..such a deeply beautiful post..this touched my heart and the soul...wonderful image and story and very special ...thankyou for your wisdom and magic always!!
HUgs and bright blessings
Victoria