Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Colors of Autumn

Rich, deep and warm are the colors of Autumn, my favorite time of the year. Fall ushers in a kaleidoscope of magnificent hues. And not to mention the fun rituals that surround this time of the year. 

**Bonfires, and pumpkins and hayrides, oh my**

I really think my love of this season stems from my October birthday. Even though we are losing light each day, there's something magical and ceremonial about this time of the year. Harvest is ending and it is time for reflection and giving thanks. And it's also a time to focus on balance. Symbolic of this is the delicate dance between light and dark now; for we know Winter is fast approaching. So simply enjoy this beautiful time of the year. Embrace the change and have fun decorating with all the colorful bounty Autumn brings. And remember...to always give thanks!













;-)

1 comment:

Victoria said...

Yay Sheila!! This was so fabulous..love the sign.. "the witch is in"..gorgeous..love your autumn tribute..your setting is gorgeous and magical..very uplifting my friend! I am inspired now byt this visual treat! I too..love Autumn..I seem to feel most alive in this season..
Oh my..your b-day is on the way..wishing you many magical blessings!
Kiki