Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Where Do You Create?

One of my favorite indulgences when I'm afforded the luxury of time to read is "Where Women Create" by Stampington Publications.  "Where Women Create invites you into the creative spaces of the most extraordinary women of our time. Through stunning photography and inspirational stories, each issue of this quarterly magazine will nourish souls and motivate creative processes".  I have a small but comfortable creative space where I have the opportunity to disconnect from all distractions and pour over my magazines, brainstorm and create.  To others, my little space might seem odd or crowded or they might find it interesting or eclectic.  To me, it's a special little place that houses my interesting and unique finds and truly embraces my inner spirit.  And the funny thing is is wasn't until a few years ago that I really started cultivating my creative corner.  It's almost as if I have the opportunity to be a child again and fill my toy box with all kinds of glittering and sparkling treasures.  

Where do you create?  What is one thing that lives in your space you simply adore and could not do without?  Other than my wonderful dog, I fell in love with a worn vintage dress form.  It serves many purposes - it's excellent for pics, it is a great "holder" for my footage chain and it just adds a bit of whimsy to my room.  I also keep my dried wedding bouquet as a reminder of that day.  I love my little creative nook!  



A small section of my desk

Some of my vintage chain for unique creations

This little fairy just makes me smile!

This was my wedding bouquet...it's 11 years old now!

And my favorite...fun vintage dress form!

2 comments:

Heather said...

Hi Sheila, Your space matches your style totally!! sparkly, glamorous and fullof sentiment. I have several spaces for several obsessions. I primarily do my jewelry on our huge oak diningroom table we no longer eat at and store the supplies in my Buffet in the same room. My sewing room holds all my fibers and design board and materials. My office stores my Etsy items and my husband is just wondering if he will lose the bedroom too soon. I do a lot of hand stitching, beading, knitting and crochet in the family room with my husband by my side. Otherwise he may never see me!!LOL

Victoria said...

Wowness!!! Rock on Sheila.. a fabulous gorgeous space of enchantment and magical beauty..just like you!!
wow wow..the photos have captured my heart!
hugs
xoxox
Kiki